They had an eye-shaped window that looks into the kitchen. It was pretty cool to see them at work, and one guy even posed for a picture!
Besides the waiter/waitress, one of the sommeliers came by and introduced himself, which I thought was nice (we haven't ordered wine or anything).
So the 4 for $40 meal started with: Tasmanian salmon tartare with passion fruit-lavender, watermelon radish
Next is the Roasted Corn Soup with Chanterelle mushroom Ravioli:
The burger was pretty standard - the meat was very very juicy, which I liked, but at the same time was a bit 'rough'.
For the entree I got: Pan roasted sea scallops, with sunchokes, sugar snap peas, herb jus
Kat's friend ordered the Prosciutto crusted pork tenderloin with salsify, black mission figs
The chocolate molten cake for the dessert was not bad. It was not anything special either. Without the ice cream it's a little too rich and sweet. But then again, a rich chocolate molten cake is good.
Instead of petit fours, they gave us 'beignets'. They were tasty, but I think they're more like donut holes. Good donut holes.
All in all I'd say the 4 for $40 was a good deal. As for the restaurant itself, it has solid food, ambiance, and service. It's pretty 'standard' high-end restaurant with all the right components, good for business meetings, taking guests, etc, but not one I would make as a "destination."
Charlie Palmer's at Bloomingdale's
3333 S Bristol St
Costa Mesa,, CA 92626
Phone: (714) 352-2525


0 comments:
Post a Comment