A lady from Singapore wrote to me asking for this recipe. I made this cake today especially for her and hope this is what she has been looking for. Apparently this cake is now quite popular in Singapore but the recipe is not easily shared.
In Sarawak, this cake is typically served during Hari Raya in southern Sarawak. So far, have not seen it in Miri. I've got the recipe from my sis-in-law. It looks like chocolate cake but no trace of chocolate at all. The taste is creamy, very moist texture and nice aroma.
The original recipe produces a huge cake. I halved the portion as below to make a standard size cake:
(Makes 8" round/square)
INGREDIENTS:
8 oz Butter
160g Caster Sugar
5 Eggs
1 tsp Ovalet
150g Serikaya
200g Condensed Milk
1 tin (170g) Nestle Cream
1 tsp Essence Vanilla
1 bottle (80-100g) Browning
150g Chocolate Horlicks (I used plain)
175g Plain Flour
METHOD:
1. Beat butter & sugar until fluffy.
Add in egg one by one while beating.
Add in the rest of the ingredients in the order while beating.
2. Pour into greased & lined tin.
Steam for 4 hours.
3. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds if preferred (I skipped) while cake is hot.
This is a photo of browning in case you have not used it before. It is very thick in texture & will not pour. I used satay stick to get it out from the container.


0 comments:
Post a Comment