Pages

Talam Ubikayu (Tapioca Kuih)

 My hubby bought some more tapioca asking me to make again, the Cheesy Tapioca Kuih that I made the other day. He complaint that wasn't enough but I ended up making this talam kuih instead because I myself been craving for this....hehe, sorry darling I'll fulfill your request when I find a better quality tapioca. The tapioca that he bought this time almost transformed into a hard rock but selected few that consumable.... anyway luckily my kuih talam is successful although the bottom part could have been more gooey if I were to use better quality tapioca. As for my craving for this kuih, can be considered fulfilled...hehe.
By: Roz@HomeKreation
Source with compliments: Nor@SecubitGaram or CMG
(Recipe simplified & translated into English)
Makes 8" round
INGREDIENTS - BOTTOM LAYER:
600g Grated Tapioca
160ml Thin Coconut Milk*
200g Sugar*
50g Palm Sugar*
1 Pandan Leaf*

INGREDIENTS - TOP LAYER:
600ml Coconut Milk
40g Plain Flour
70g Rice Flour
1/2 tsp Salt

METHOD:
1. Mix bottom layer ingredients marked* & stir above heat until dissolved.
Strained & cool.
Mix well with grated tapioca.

2. Line tin with aluminium foil & grease with oil.
Heat up steamer.
Steam bottom layer for 20 minutes above medium fire.

3. Mix well top ingredients.
Pour ontop of the bottom layer & steam 25 minutes.
Cool completely before slicing.

BAHASA MALAYSIA VERSION

Source with compliments: Nor@SecubitGaram or CMG
(Resipi di taip semula utk mudah rujuk)
Saiz 8" round
BAHAN2 LAPISAN BAWAH:
600g Ubi Kayu Parut
160ml Santan Cair*
200g Gula Pasir*
50g Gula Melaka*
1 helai Daun Pandan*

BAHAN2 LAPISAN ATAS:
600ml Santan
40g Tepung Gandum
70g Tepung Beras
1/2 st Garam

CARA2:
1. Satukan bahan2 lapisan bawah bertanda* & masak sehingga larut.
Tapis & sejukkan.
Campurkan dgn ubikayu parut sehingga rata.

2. Lapiskan tin kuih dgn aluminium foil &  sapu minyak.
Panaskan kukusan.
Tuangkan lapisan ubikayu tadi & kukus 20 minit dgn api sederhana.

3. Campurkan kesemua bahan2 lapisan atas sehingga sebati.
Tuangkan ke atas lapisan bawah tadi.
Kukus lagi selama 25 minit
Sejukkan kuih sebelum di potong.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment